OT:techology

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 17:14:28 CST 2005

> >>cheerfully build their own computer out of sand and bamboo on a desert
> >>island given a proper vacation, or who've memorized the arcana of all
> >>mechanical and electrical technology in the last 100 years, or whom
> >>

> Hmm  sand and bamboo  how would you do that  ?...

Well, my first thought is that sand is SiO_2, so you could try to reduce
it to silicon and make transistors.

On the other hand, it's probably easier to use it like a 'fluid' and have
full bamboo containers for '1's and empty ones for '0's or something.

> Well I tust visible techology as compared to hidden or controled techology.

Good point. I object to using anything that I don't fully understand.
Since I am not clever enough to understand modern PCs, I guess I'll never
use one.