Must have books for Vintage Computing

Wai-Sun Chia waisun.chia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:03:33 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 00:51:40 -0500, Patrick Finnegan
<pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> That's ok, you'll be glad to know I just purchased a copy on amazon for
> about $7.50 :)

Yeah. Thanks....NOT
*the pain*

Note to self: Forget eBay when it comes to books. Amazon prices for
used books are much better.

> There are some books I gladly paid $$big_bux for, including the W.
> Richard Stevens TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 1, Advanced Programming in the
> Unix Environment, and his Unix Network Programming (vol 1 & 2) books.
> Must haves, IMHO, for anyone doing programming on Unix/Linux machines,
> and still in print. :)

Oooh the guru himself. :-) Yeah I have those too.
Saving for the new (posthumous) edition.

> Most of my vintage computer books & manuals I've been lucky enough to
> grab either cheaply ($5-$10) or as they were being thrown out.  A
> proper VMS grey or orange wall is a necessity for any VAX-ite. Mine is
> orange. :)

What existed before the orange wall?

/wai-sun