OT:techology

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Mar 9 20:06:18 CST 2005

Tony Duell wrote:

>True, but sand is not _pure_ SiO_2, and there are probably other
>rocks/minerals around. You might well be able to extract suitable dopants
>from thsoe.

Well collect it from the ocean & if you are that smart talk to the
whales too. :)

>-tony

Ben alias woodelf.
PS. I am just watching some Japanese anime : "Nadia-The Secret of the
blue water"
and it was inspired by '20,000 leagues under the sea. The japanese are
very creative
with alternate time-lines and other histories so if you like older
techology or strange
adapation of techology like Nemo's Sub they are a great thing to watch
as well as having
a good story.