[OT] Troubleshooting ATA Drives..

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 10:47:36 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 10:21 -0600, John Foust wrote:
> At 09:28 AM 3/10/2005, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> >It is these very off-topic threads that break out that are causing Jay and
> >the moderators grief.  Please police yourselves better.
>
> Dayum.  Here we go again.  I was biting my tongue.  I did respond off-list
> to the original post.  Then others posted more on the list.

<aol>
me too
</aol>

Interesting (to me) question: where else *would* one go for this kind of
information? The comp usenet groups will be full of people who only know
how to bolt commodity components together. Us lot seem like a reasonable
bet for finding people who know pitfalls when hacking drives around.

I'm merely curious in case there's some untapped resource I don't know
about for this kind of thing! (not electronics, not classic computers,
but not noddy PC building either).

Anyway, back to hacking SCSI drivers for me. Bleh.

cheers

J.