ASCII

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Fri Mar 11 14:01:50 CST 2005

 > This is pushing off-topic even on CCTALK but it does apply to
 > documentation etc acceptable to non-GUI machines -- does anyone know
 > of a "graphical" (eg. curses) drawing program that outputs ASCII,
 > for .+n[u,i]x?

On the theory that ANSI draw programs used to be in vogue in the late
80s/early 90s BBS era, and that ASCII art is still used on old systems,
I'm going to answer this as on topic. :-)

A number of possibilities come to mind:

	1. Run something like the TheDraw (old DOS program) under dosbox
	or similar emulator.

	2. Have a look at EDASCII (X app in Tk), cadubi (console app in
	perl), Linux ASCII Draw, etc.  Try googling for "ansi draw program"
	(no quotes).

	3. Try emacs picture drawing mode.

De