MicroVAX II - TK50 problem

John Willis willisjo at zianet.com
Sat Mar 12 16:18:47 CST 2005

Here's an update, for all who may be interested in it:

The MicroVAX II now has the following configuration:

       A        B        C        D
  +-------------------------------------+
  |                CPU                  |
  +-------------------------------------+
  |                Memory               |
  +-------------------------------------+
  |       TQK50      |      EMPTY       |
  +-------------------------------------+
  |                DHV11                |
  +-------------------------------------+
  |                DRQ3                 |
  +-------------------------------------+
  |       RQDX3      |     EMPTY        |
  +-------------------------------------+

I'm trying to get my hands on a DELQA or a DEQNA. Will
this require yet another re-shuffle of the cards, or can I
move the RQDX3 to the end and put the DELQA/DEQNA where
the RQDX3 is now?

Anyhow, here's the skinny on what VMS is seeing from the system.
The machine came with a real treasure from its old owner:
Copies of VMS 5.1, 5.4, 5.4-1, 5.5, and 5.5-1 on TK50 tapes,
all still shrinkwrapped, in Digital Software cardboard boxes,
with the manuals, also shrinkwrapped, in the original shipping
boxes with packing list, still taped shut. It also came with
LMF, and DEC FORTRAN also still shrinkwrapped. I upgraded from
VMS 5.1 to 5.4. The upgrade went off without a hitch, as the
kit came with the MicroVAX II Supplement. The software all comes
with 50 seat license PAKs.

Here's the output from SHOW DEVICES now:

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free  Trans
Mnt
 Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks Count
Cnt
DUA0:                   Mounted              0  VMSRL5          164187   125
1

Device                  Device           Error    Volume         Free  Trans
Mnt
 Name                   Status           Count     Label        Blocks Count
Cnt
MUA0:                   Online               0

Device                  Device           Error
 Name                   Status           Count
FTA0:                   Offline              0
OPA0:                   Online               0
TXA0:                   Online               0
TXA1:                   Online               0
TXA2:                   Online               0
TXA3:                   Online               0
TXA4:                   Online               0
TXA5:                   Online               0
TXA6:                   Online               0
TXA7:                   Online               0

Device                  Device           Error
 Name                   Status           Count
HXA0:                   Online               0
HXA1:                   Online               0
PTA0:                   Online               1
PUA0:                   Online               1
WSA0:                   Offline              0

I've done a full BACKUP/IMAGE/RECORD of DUA0: to TK50s, as I will probably
be dumping this install for Quasijarus as soon as I am able. VMS and I
do not get along.

John