RT11 sysgen and disk partitions

Jerome H. Fine jhfinexgs2 at compsys.to
Sun Mar 13 22:21:21 CST 2005

 >Megan wrote:

>Good point... that is true.  But it is possible for system and
>foreground jobs to fetch handlers if certain steps are taken
>and if the program is designed a certain way... but it is not
>for the faint of heart.  I believe I used the technique in my
>RTEFTP program... I'll have to check on the specifics.

Jerome Fine replies:

I have never seen any documentation for this.  I though
I remember seeing that the .Fetch EMT rejects a request
from a job that is not the background job (zero).

In addition, where is the device driver code to be placed,
especially if a background job is already running which
would often be the case?

Also, I asked about the possibility of DU(X).SYS having
128 or even 256 units.  Did you miss that question?

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine
--
If you attempted to send a reply and the original e-mail
address has been discontinued due a high volume of junk