Age

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Mar 14 01:35:06 CST 2005

woodelf wrote:
> One thing about this group regardless of age or talent we all got into
> computers
> because I think we all wanted to try the 'new' techology for ourselves
> rather than
> let some-body else do computer hardware/software for us.

I was just saying something along the same lines to a colleage the other day
about using BBSes heavily in the 1980s -- it took actual brainpower to know
what hardware to buy, set up a machine with the right software and settings to
dial a BBS, and then communication intelligently with others there.  You simply
couldn't be an utter technological moron and get online, so I found great
solace in BBSing.  Believe me, there were about 5 people at my high school who
knew as much or more about computing as I did, and I already knew them all :)
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?             http://www.mobygames.com/