PerSci 277 floppy drives

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Mon Mar 14 20:18:46 CST 2005

   I just received a pair of PerSci 8" floppy drives, with a PerSci 1070
S-100 controller (and a mountain of docs, including data sheets, sales
literature, and schematics).

   Unfortunately, I won't have an S-100 system for a few more weeks.
It's stuck in Arizona till I get out there to ship it.

   The question is, is this one of the drives that plays nicely with a
PC FDC?  I have a couple of older ISA IDE/FD controllers, and an Adaptec
1542 if I can dig it up.

   That would still entail getting one of the DBit cable adapters, but
it would nicely solve the issue of an enclosure and PSU for this YE-Data
YD-180.

   When I get a hance to make a detailed list of this documentation,
I'll post it.  I think that most of it's already out there, though.

	Doc