Rare Apples, eBay, Goodwill

Chad Fernandez fernande at internet1.net
Tue Mar 22 13:05:10 CST 2005

My local Goodwill stores still have some computer stuff.  However, I
notice lots of printers, and monitors.  I suspect they are tossing many
of the actual computers.  I asked one of the employees about it.  He
said they they could only sell them for about 99 cents..... I'm thinking
that's better than throwing them away!  Besides, I bet they could get
more than 99 cents for many of them.  If they don't put them out, they
are garunteeing they won't sell them.

I suppose it's also possible that they actually do get more printers and
monitors than cpus.  Thinking about it now, I gave Goodwill about 3 or 4
printers last year, but no cpus.  They do have cpus sometimes, but
they're usually old store bought PC's or very old no name PCs, or older
Macs.  I haven't seen a Microchannel PS/2 or an Apple // in a long time.
  I've never seen anything like a Vax or Sun equipment at Goodwill.

They always seem to have a few old crappy monitors..... do they breed?
I've found a few nicer ones.  In fact, this 17" Dell with Trinitron tube
came from Goodwill.  It was $30.  I also got my HP LJ 4L from Goodwill.
  It was only $5, with manual, and in nice shape!

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA