DEC PC04 Paper Tape Reader/Punch

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Mon Mar 28 14:12:01 CST 2005

I have verified that the phototransistor element itself is dead.
Everything else through the interface to the Omnibus is fine.
I've even swapped the wiring at the phototransistor array so
that a different channel of the amplifier board was hooked up
to the phototransistor, and it was still dead.

It seems odd that a phototransistor would fail, but it's pretty
clear at this point that it is, which puts me in the bind of trying
to find another phototransistor array.

Thanks for the help, though.

-Rick