10base5 (Thick) Terminator ?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Mar 31 13:38:42 CST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:28:57 -0500
"Curt @ Atari Museum" <curt at atarimuseum.com> wrote:

> Looks kinda big, you sure thats not the end of a Twinax cable?
This is a N connector for sure. I own thick Ethernet transceivers,
cables, terminators etc. with this connectors and I also use N
connectors for my WLAN antennas.

BTW: You can use N-to-BNC adapters and connect thick to thin Ethernet
this way. This is not covered by any Ethernet standard, but it works.
(At least for the short cables I used when I tried this.)

> The cable side tip doesn't look like its a cap with a resistor in it,
> looks like a standard tip with a cable pulled off of it.
Yes, it may be a connector for RG58 style cable. But a terminator should
be easy to distinguish from a connector by looking at the backside.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen