10base5 (Thick) Terminator ?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:21:43 CST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:28:57 -0500, Curt @ Atari Museum
<curt at atarimuseum.com> wrote:
> Looks kinda big, you sure thats not the end of a Twinax cable?   The
> cable side tip doesn't look like its a cap with a resistor in it, looks
> like a standard tip with a cable pulled off of it.

Twinax has two conductors... that's why it's called 'twin-ax'... Twin
Axial Conductors.

The picture looks to me like an N connector (which _was_ one of the
connectors used for 10Base5 terminators and intrusive taps).  Not sure
if that is a terminator or not, but as already pointed out, if you get
50 ohms between the center conductor and the shell, that will show it
for sure.

-ethan