PET and the IEEE-488 interface Re: [OT]: CDC machines featured in "Die Hard"?

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 16:15:26 CST 2005

At 06:03 PM 3/31/05 +0100, you wrote:
>In message <1112231392.11253.43.camel at weka.localdomain>
>          Jules Richardson <julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure I asked that same question the last time it was on TV - and if
>> not, I meant to! :-)
>
>Heh. I've just spent the last hour looking for photos of some CDC machines to
>compare against. Nothing :-/
>
>Going by the timeframe, I'd guess it was one of the later CDC Cyber machines,
>but the £1,000,000 question is which one...
>
>Aaanyway, I've just bought a copy of "PET and the IEEE-488 interface" for a
>little under £8 (due to arrive in a few days - mwahaha),

 Here's one for $9.67
<http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?bx=off&sts=t&ds=30&bi=0&k
n=PET++IEEE-488&sortby=2>. I don't know what that is in pounds but it is
located in the UK, if it had been in the US I would have bought it already.

not to mention the
>big box of surplus electronic bits that cost me £55...
>
>Speaking of which.. has anyone got some spare 10-32 bolts and locking
>washers?

   What kind, spiral, internal teeth, external teeth or ?  I have tons of
that stuff. Good aerospace quality parts that I get from taking military
surplus equipment apart.

    Joe

 I need at least ten of each. They seem to be like gold dust in the