OT: Lowest-power small server solutions

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Nov 1 10:56:25 CST 2005

This may be appropriate for another list, but it seems to me that there's
plenty of applicable knowledge here.

Right now, we're using an older Compaq Deskpro P3-600 box as our incoming
Linux server.  Basically, it connects with the DSL modem and contains IP
masquerading, DNS caching, firewall and fetchmail/procmail/qmail tasks
(SpamAssassin included).  It runs 24x7 with no problem, as it has for the
last 5 or 6 years.  Built like a tank.

I'm wondering if something a little less power-hungry might be preferable,
however.  Are there any low-power alternatives for the job that anyone can
recommend?

Cheers,
Chuck