FPGA VAX update

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Wed Nov 2 12:44:19 CST 2005

Chuck Guzis wrote:

>On 11/2/2005 at 10:33 AM woodelf wrote:
>

>>I guess nobody even considers building a computer from scratch. :(
>>

>Actually, there are some poor demented souls who do--and not from FPGAs..

I'm using a CPLD ... does that make me half demented? I am also not
building a Forth
or Risc cpu ... I want my front panel and blinky lights and octal bits.
When I  was talking about scratch, I was talking about a linux box -
console driven.

>Wasn't there an article a looong time ago about a fellow who built his own
>CPU from TTL parts in BYTE or Microcomputing? (It'd have to be over 20
>years ago).

I think there was two in byte. A four bit one and a later 32? bit one.
Sigh I miss Killobyte for hardware.

>Cheers,
>Chuck

Also a TTL computer will be at the Vintage Computer Festival this year.
Anybody know how the valve computer a few years back is progressing?