FPGA VAX update, now DIY TTL computers

Nico de Jong nico at FARUMDATA.DK
Thu Nov 3 10:19:36 CST 2005

----- Oprindelig meddelelse -----
  Fra: woodelf
  Til: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
  Sendt: 3. november 2005 16:53
  Emne: Re: FPGA VAX update, now DIY TTL computers

  Chuck Guzis wrote:

  >Consider the very old Packard Bell PB250--22 bit words
  >
  >http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/BRL61-p.html

  That is interesting reading.

  Yes, and all that for only about 91.000 USD.
  Was the input rate for the Flexowrite limited by the flexowriter itself, or by the PB250 ?
  When I was a PTT telex operator, I had no problems with 8 chr/second (50 bps on a Siemens 5-bit teletype), but there were some girls in Frankfurt/main who could type faster then our tape transmitters. Suppose they used some electronic version of the T100, as the mechanical version just couldnt run faster as 50 bps, IIRC

  Nico