FPGA VAX update

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Fri Nov 4 02:44:23 CST 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 18:16:11 -0500
Scott Stevens <chenmel at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The main thing that has kept me from bringing it up is the difficulty
> in getting x86-based machine language development tools going.  I'm
> used to little 4 and 8-bit assemblers where you can plop down a few
> ORG statements and have it all resident in a ROM, and almost all the
> x86 asm tools start from the assumption you are running on DOS and
> have no direct control of the memory map.
http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/index.html
\begin{cite}
AS is a portable macro cross assembler for a variety of microprocessors
and -controllers. Though it is mainly targeted at embedded processors
and single-board computers, you also find CPU families in the target
list that are used in workstations and PCs.
\end{cite}
--

tschüß,
       Jochen