FPGA VAX update

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 16:51:48 CST 2005

> One point I'd take issue with is about digital photography.  Go and
> compare photos taken with an el-cheapo point-and-shoot digital camera
> and an equivalent 35mm compact.  *Then* tell me there's not *some*
> improvement ;-)

Hmm... Problem is that reasonable digital compact cameras seem to cost as
much as a 35mm ZLE. And the latter certainly produces better results.

I have yet to see any digital phootgraph that I consider contains
adequate detail (this is not the same as sharpness, which can be
fiddled). Of course I am compearing them to medium and large format film
(but then again, any one of my medium or large format cameras cost me a
lot less that any reasoable digital camera).

I can see advantages to digital cameras if you need the results ASAP, or
if you want to send them across the world quickly. But that's not what I
want to do.