help - 11/34 console problem -- first LA output

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Nov 7 19:47:26 CST 2005

On 11/7/2005 at 11:57 PM ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk wrote:

>Be careful!. I have in the back of my mind the idea that the 8008 has an
>internal (8-ish level) return stack and doesn't use RAM for this. So you
>could still have RAM problems.

Exactly--and they're 14 bits (not 16) wide--and overflow and underflow are
not checked for.  It's sometimes easier just to think of it as 8 14-bit
P-counters, with the CALL and RET simply incrementing and decrementing the
pointer to the appropriate P-counter (with CALL performing a jump to load
the current P-counter).

Cheers,
Chuck