Reliable 3.5" DSHD diskettes

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:37:15 CST 2005

Joe R. wrote:
> At 10:12 AM 11/8/05 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Joe R. wrote:

>>>   Hmmm. I have a couple of HP-IB MO drives and a HP-IL to HP-IB converter.
>>>I wonder???
>>
>>Also, I know for a fact that there are HP-IB CD-ROM drives because I
>>have one.
>

>    I have one too but it's not CD-R or CD-RW.  FWIW I've been lucky enough
> to find several HP-IB drives that use Bernoulli disks, MO disks and other
> rewriteable media. :-)

My point is that if the goal is to back up machines which only have an
HP-IL interface for archival purposes, one could use floppies to get the
data onto a machine that would have the ability to write the data onto a
CD.  It then wouldn't be particularly difficult to read that CD in an
HP-IL-only machine.

Peace...  Sridhar