Don Maslin SW collection?

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 8 19:29:07 CST 2005

At 05:35 PM 11/8/05 -0500, you wrote:
>John Allain wrote:
>> I think the issue is when not what.
>>>From the standpoint of the owners (his wife), nothing was
>> supposed to happen.   It's a careful waiting game that unfortunately
>> I cannot help because I neither live there anymore nor do I have their
>> contact number.  A year and two months by... it would be a good time
>> for her & our mutual friends to try contacting again.
>>
>> John A.
>> (hint: supply number, and I'll try calling)
>
>   Do you guys actually read CC?

   Yes I do. Do you?  The collection that he offered came from someone in
Wisconsin not California. The original owner ("Don S") was the founder of
some computer club and not Don Maslin.

  Here's the description:

"With the sad passing of Don S last year, one of the founders of the
Wisconsin Computer Society in the 70's, his window finds she must finally
begin the process of disposing of a basement full of stuff. Don was a
life-long experimenter and user of computing equipment which has mostly
found its way into the classification of "classic." Don and I
used/programmed DEC PDP-11 and Altos CP/M and MP/M machines together at
more than one job."

   Joe