Don Maslin SW collection?

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 8 21:20:06 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:14:50 -0500
Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 November 2005 17:35, Doc Shipley wrote:
> >    Do you guys actually read CC?
> >
> >    Tom Peters just last week posted a list of hardware and disks
> > being offered by his widow, as a start to putting his collection back
> > in the hands of collectors.
> >
> >    IIRC, Tom took responsibility for handling he situation nearly a
> > year ago, and said then that a barrage of questions/offers/requests
> > to the family would be counter-productive.  It seems to me that with
> > his strategy beginning to bear fruit, interfering now would be even
> > more counterproductive.
> >
> >    My $0.02, and my own recollection of events.  I'm willing to be
> > corrected.
>
> Doc, I believe that you may be mixing up dead Dons that were into
> classic computing. :)  Don Maslin (as opposed to "Don S" that Tom
> posted about) lived in CA, not WI. :)
>
> You got most of it right, but are combining stories I believe.
>
> Anyways, the Altos stuff (at least) that Tom Peters is giving out will
> be saved and archived publically.  You have my word on that. :)

Any update on the 'Altos stuff' that some of us are working on?  You mentioned awhile back that you might have Altos 586 system diskettes.  I noticed another 586 on eBay last week, but not with anything but the box.  I am in correspondence with a few other people struggling to image/restore-from-image some of the Altos 586 images now newly in circulation.

--
http://sasteven.multics.org/MacSE30/MacSE30.html