Nicolet 4094 Digtial Storage Scope?

Dwight K. Elvey dwight at ca2h0430.amd.com
Tue Nov 8 12:29:03 CST 2005

>From: "Joe R." <rigdonj at cfl.rr.com>
>
>  I went scrounging again last weekend and came home with this. It looks
>like this one from an old Ebay auction.
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7530644273>.
>It has two HH floppy drives and it is DIGITAL storage so it's somewhat on
>topic. Does anyone know anything about these? I've figured out some
>controls but I don't have a clue what others do. I'm also trying to figure
>out how to use the disk storage and recall function. I inserted a 360k
>MS-DOS disk and it displays E7 and it also says ERR if I try to store or
>recall anything so I don't think it likes that format and it doesn't seem
>to be capable of formatting it's own disks. Does anyone have any idea what
>format it's looking for?
>
>   Joe

Hi Joe
 I've thought about getting one of those. They usually
go cheap on ebay.
 One possible guess is that they use hard
sectored disk. I doubt they use any specific OS. If you
have a program that has access to the controller chip on
your PC, you might try formatting different sector sizes.
Of course, it might actually use FM or MFM. It might even
be 1.2M. Have you looked at the drives to see what they
are intented for?
Dwight