ZX80 - was: SN76477N

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Nov 10 14:38:28 CST 2005

On 11/10/2005 at 8:13 PM ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk wrote:

>I really don't understand the love of Sinclair products. IU'd much rather
>have nad use something DEC or HP, or one of the many other companies that
>didn't cut every possible corner and then some impossible ones. But then
>collectores are often strange.

I wonder if there's a collector's  market for Muntz TVs?  I suspect that
you probably had a version of "Madman Muntz" on your side of the pond.  In
a nutshell, Muntz sold sets that were stripped to their very minimum parts
count.  His tuners didn't have AFC, but neither did they have a manual
tuning adjustment--they were set at the factory.  If you had a problem, you
called one of his service people to tweak the tuning.

Cheers,
Chuck