Connecting a BC80M cable to a RLV12 controller

David Betz dbetz at xlisper.mv.com
Thu Nov 10 15:50:10 CST 2005

I finally got a drive select plug for my RL01 drive and would like to
try connecting it to my 11/73 but I find that the cable that is
supposed to plug into the RLV12 controller isn't keyed so it can go
in either way. How do I tell what the correct orientation is for this
cable? I'm assuming that if I plug it in backwards I'll fry the
controller and/or drive. The only markings on the end of the cable
that connects to the controller are the manufacturers name "Berg" and
the letters A and B near one end and VV and UU near the other end.
How should this cable be inserted into the RLV12?

Also, assuming I get this straightened out, what should expect to
happen on power up? Should the 11/73 automatically boot from the
RL01? I  have an MXV11A boot board installed. Or do I get a console
prompt and have to select the boot device on the console?

Thanks,
David