ZX80 - was: SN76477N

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 02:34:55 CST 2005

On 11/11/05 01:14, "Tony Duell" <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> system unit (with no cover -- the cover was the monitor base), a laptop
> which was wider than a PDP11 (seriously, it's got a full-size 102 key
> keyboard. and other similarly 'interesting' products.

You mean the PPC512 and PPC640? Quite interesting design really - a PC1512
or 1640 motherboard stuck in a clamshell case with a 7 inch LCD screen and
full size keyboard. The 640 had twin floppies too. Also ran on batteries
though I can't remember how long they lasted.

> Still, for some reason I acturally prefer them to Sinclair's offerings.
> It may well be because my first computer as a Sinclair (MK14), and I had
> so many problems with it (both from the manual and the ridiculous design)
> that I never want to suffer one of his products again.

>From what I've been told you can blame NatSemi for the design of the MK14,
not Science of Cambridge - it was a rehash of the SC/MP reference design
board.....can anyone verify that?