VCF 8.0 Pictures

Gooijen, Henk henk.gooijen at oce.com
Fri Nov 11 06:11:24 CST 2005

Allison wrote:

> >> On display I can have:
> >>
> >> 2) Homebrew pdp8/e running (slow) OS/8 or DMS
>
> Howbout a 6120 homebrew running OS8?  The trick was real DEC
> style IO rather than PIEs and cruft that leads up to os78 and os278.

I don't have a 6120. The heart of my homebrew pdp8/e is a 6809!

> >> 3) PDP-11/03, a real one for a change :-) decoding HAM radio RTTY
>
> I've used the -11 for RTTY display.  You only need a modem to
> decode the tones though having spilt screen, upper for
> incomming and lower for outgoing  text.

That is exactly what I intend to write. Not too difficult, I will
document this project on my website.  I am combining the actual
*use* of a PDP-11 for something, learn to write PDP-11 assembler,
and program ESC sequences for a VT220. Not just simple "hello",
but a project with a goal.

> I'd like to see PSK31 software for the -11.

I have not looked into the details of all new digital transmission
modes that HAMs use (for example with MixW), but without any
knowledge, I wonder if a PDP-11 would be fast enough ...
any idea about that, Allison ?

- Henk, PA8PDP.

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.