Collecting, was: ZX80

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 18:50:22 CST 2005

> The only items made in mega numbers that are worth much tend to be something
> popular and never taken out of the original packaging (unused mint state).

Anything that I get in that state won't remain in that state for long
:-). I find it very unpleasant not to use a classic computer (or other
electronic, mechanical, etc device).

I think I've mentioned before that I once bought a still-in-shrink-wrap
HP71B service manual. That manual is moderately rare anyway (only
normally issued to service centres). Of course the first thing I did with
it was rip off the wrapping and start reading it. I had (and have) no
interest in it as an investment, I want to learn how the 71B works and
how to repair it.