Lights (was: Re: Smithsonian gets it wrong)

William Donzelli aw288 at osfn.org
Sat Nov 12 17:40:51 CST 2005

> So given the choice, what lighting *is* good?
>
> I'm just thinking that we might have to replace lighting at the museum
> one day - so maybe keeping other options in mind is a good idea,
> providing they're not horribly expensive....

I have a book, called "the Care of Art Objects" (I forget the author) that
outlines all of this.

Lots of interesting content in that book - things you would never know
(like why oak shelves should never be used in archives) - but then again
these folks actually plan on keeping things as close to forever as
possible.

William Donzelli
aw288 at osfn.org