Collectables?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Nov 12 20:46:26 CST 2005

On 11/12/2005 at 9:30 PM Allison wrote:

>Two different companies.  IMS was a bit later time frame and did produce
>upgrades for Altair.  In fact just about everyone produced upgrades of
>one form or another.  Typically backplanes, power supplies, RAM, CPU and
>of course FDC were often seen. About the only part not commonly upgraded
>in an Altair was the front pannel though that could be done as well.

...and if memory serves, for a time IMS also offered trade-in deals for
owners of MITS 8800 systems.  Having used (but not owned) both, I liked the
IMSAI a lot better as regards quality of construction than the MITS.
Eventually all of my cards wound up in an Integrand Systems no-blinking
lights box with a many-slot actively-terminated motherboard.  But I still
have the MITS box.

Cheers,
Chuck