MSCP SCSI controller speed on UNIBUS

9000 VAX vax9000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 09:14:10 CST 2005

On 11/12/05, Don North <ak6dn at mindspring.com> wrote:
> And for yucks on a UNIBUS 11/44 running 2.11BSD dd bs=16384 count=1000:
>
> >>EMULEX UC-18      0.585 MB/s     not tested     target is ST32550N
> >>                  0.245 MB/s     not tested     targer is RRD43 CDROM

Thank you. I came up a way to speed up the controller. It is
overlapped execution, just like what CVAX chips do. When the
controller is busy with current SCSI request, it at the same time
ending the previous request and preparing the next request. The speed
may be doubled. I will do this only when I have time.

cheers,
vax, 9000