removing parts from PCBs

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Mon Nov 14 18:56:35 CST 2005

A much better alternative to peanut oil is fusing or reflow oil used in
the printed circuit industry (used most probably in the smaller shops.)
It runs $84.30/gallon according to information on the DalPro website.
While they seem to have the supplies necessary to make PCBs, their
prices are ... high. I would try a local printed circuit manufacturer to
see if I could get some their first. My guess is that it shouldn't be
more than about $8.00/gallon.

http://www.dalpro.net/Page.html

BTW, peanut oil used to be used for reflow many many moons ago and was
replaced at least 25 years ago with synthetic oils.