8008?

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 15 17:06:26 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:05:43 -0700
woodelf <bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Roger Merchberger wrote:
>
> > Rumor has it that woodelf may have mentioned these words:
> >
> Forget this rumor stuff.  I said that! I have a mouth ample for both my
> feet.
>
> > Your analogy only works if 8008s are still made today, as the $1.00
> > candy bar is an upgraded version of the one in 1975[1].
> >
> > So, would you be willing to pay a buck for a candy bar made in '75? I
> > didn't think so... ;-)
> >
> I am not willing to spend $.05 on Candy Bar.  Wait that was 1966 prices. :)
>
> > Laterz,
> > Roger "Merch" Merchberger
> >
> > [1] ; not to mention, the candy bars I prefer are about $2.50 each;
> > I'd much rather eat 1 Lindt bar compared to 2.5 Hershey bars... Life's
> > too short to drink cheap beer. You can quote me on that one. ;-)
>
> I like to value for my food $1.00 , but somedays like today I cheat and
> buy greasy food!
> I went to order "Operating Systems Design and Implementation" Second
> Edition from the local
> bookstore and found it out of print. (Minix 2) so now I am having a
> greasy pizza.

I just looked on abe.com and have found about a half dozen copies of the first edition available for under $2.

I see one book dealer has the second edition new with sealed CD-ROM for $15.21.

I can't imagine why ANYBODY would buy books new without first going to abe.com.

I think I'm about to order one of those $1 first editions, I only have the second.