8008?

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 16 07:51:05 CST 2005

>Subject: Re: 8008?
>   From: "Jim Kearney" <jim at jkearney.com>
>   Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:15:12 -0500
>     To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>

>From: "Allison" <ajp166 at bellatlantic.net>
>> I have an 8008 and HDSP2132 (8 char version).  Wire wrap and a software
>> patch will have to do.
>
>Sounds like you're set, then!

It's in the queue after an 1802 and 8048 project.

>Yes.  The use of supporting components a bit newer than the CPU made this
>design possible.  I was able to avoid a bus because the load on the CPU data
>pins is much lower than the old banks of 1101's etc;  and having RAM and

Officially the bus load on the cpu is still high but past experience shows
it works. Intel would have you believe the bus drive of the chip is near
zero.  Since I'd like to do IO I'll have to be aware of the bus load
as I go but I dont expect to have problems.

FYI: The clock circuit you used is almost exactly the one I did back
in '74.  Intel rep said "it might work but its out of spec.".  Compared
to the 4 one shots they show it was a vast improvement and lower parts
count.  I tried the oneshot deal and vowed never to go there again.

Allison