CP/M 2 - what's its legal status?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Nov 22 16:07:45 CST 2005

On 11/22/2005 at 1:48 PM JP Hindin wrote:

>Only some?
>I am unsure of the model, to be honest. The front case simply says
>"Vector". The sticker on the back says the model number is 9002-something,
>if memory serves.

Yes, the Vector 4 for instance, was made with with both hard and
soft-sectored drives.  And if you've got the S-100 "box" version of the
Vector 1, it could use any third-party S-100 diskette controller, so the
question of "what format" may be a bit harder to determine.

Here are some photos of various Vector models:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/company.asp?st=1&l=V

Cheers,
Chuck