OS9 login / shutdown

James Fogg James at jdfogg.com
Wed Nov 23 08:13:37 CST 2005

> > I've just come across my first OS9 system, and know
> absolutely nothing
> > about OS9 other than that it's vaguely UNIX-like. Before I
> try hooking
> > the hard disk up and seeing if it actually works, obvious
> questions follow:

For some reason I missed the original post -

I used to support high volume page scanners manufactured by Terminal
Data Corp (now owned by Banctec). They had a Motorola based VME system
that ran OS9, and I remember a little about it.

To begin to understand it, consider it to be a CP/M clone with
multi-user extensions. List the files in the system directory and most
of them will be vaguely familiar utilities. I believe "DIR" was the
command. If not, use commands from other common OS's as it was the same
as one of them (LIST maybe?).