Mouse Pissed! Need power supply help

Allison ajp166 at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 23 13:51:53 CST 2005

>Subject: RE: Mouse Pissed! Need power supply help
>   From: "Julian Wolfe" <fireflyst at earthlink.net>
>   Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:18:02 -0600
>     To: "'General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts'"	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
>
>Interesting, I was never aware that the 11/03 and 23 had different boxen
>than the 11/23plus, though I knew the power supplies were different.
>Speaking to my local DEC salvage dealer, he told me he used to get whole
>11/780s just for the power supplies in the front end 11/03s.  However,
>judging from the number of 23plus systems that were sold (and have recently
>hit, if not flooded, the used market)I'd say it should be fairly easy to
>find a cheap H7861 supply.

There were four major boxes used, and a few oddballs as well.

The majors were:
BA11-m with the H780 on the side. smaller cage.
BA11-N H786 in the front
BA11-S H7861 in the front

A good PC power supply will do the DC needs of a modest system
but the signals BDCok, BPok, Bhalt, Bevent (ltc), Srun need
to be created.

Allison