Free MK4801AN-1 chips

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 18:25:27 CST 2005

> I've got 7 MK4801AN-1 (also marked 4118A) memory chips, 24-pin DIP's.
> Not sure what they go in, but if you can tell me where you want
> to plug them into, I'll send 'em to you gratis.

IIRC, 1K*8 SRAMs, something close to Jedec pinout (like most EPROMs).

They were used in the Nascom (at last the Nascom 2). In fact at one point
there was a shortage of said chips in the UK, so Nascoms were sent with
the bare minimum of such RAM (I think just the RAM for the video
circuitry), but with a 'free' 16K DRAM board.