Timing of PDP-11 Instructions

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Sun Nov 27 01:55:59 CST 2005

The other way of parsing Jerome's message is that he wants to *use* the
reciprocal *to calculate* the log,
i.e.:
      log(x) = F( 1/x )

as opposed to taking the log of the reciprocal ( log(1/x) ).

F() is a rather basic anti-derivative function in calculus, but I've
forgotton too much calculus to remember how to calculate it.