"Market" for old macs?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Tue Nov 29 23:16:43 CST 2005

> > SE/30s are people's favourite Classic Macs because they're small and pretty
> > zippy for the time (16MHz '030).
>
> I'm surprised by this statement; I despise the SE/30s because they run
> TOO fast and are an '030 -- both of which are a deadly combination for
> trying to get old games to run.

On that point, we're agreed -- that's why I have a Mac Plus sitting next to
my dual G4 for the express purpose of playing Stunt Copter and Zero Gravity,
two games I played to death when I got my hands on a Mac for the first time
in 1987. Interestingly, when played on a much more powerful Power Mac, the
game seems to run at closer to the right speed (but no sound, of course,
because Zero Gravity used parts of the original sound system that were removed
when the Compact Mac line was phased out).

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
-- Kind of dangerous, but what fun is a safe shredder? -- Mike McFadden -------