PalmOS no more? :(

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Oct 1 11:00:53 CDT 2005

On 10/1/2005 at 12:01 AM ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk wrote:

>I've heard stories of HP Voyager series calculators (10C, 11C, 12C, 15C,
>16C) running for 15 years or more on the same set of 3 LR44 button cells.
>And being used fairly hard in that time.

I replaced the original cells on the 16C sitting right in front of me in 1989, right around the time of the Loma Prieta quake.  Not because it needed it, but because I was nervous about having them go out after so many years of use.  I haven't bothered since and the 16C keeps chugging along.  OTOH, the batteries in the TI Programmer that the 16C replaced would run down in less than a month of use.

Too bad HP doesn't still make the 16C--it was one of the few really good programmer's calculators.

Cheers,
Chuck