PalmOS no more? :(

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Oct 1 17:24:21 CDT 2005

On 10/1/2005 at 2:32 PM Fred Cisin wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>> along.  OTOH, the batteries in the TI Programmer that the 16C replaced
>> would run down in less than a month of use.
>
>Which model of the TI Programmer?
>I used to get a lot less than that from the batteries in the LED model,
>and a lot more than that from the LCD model.

It was the LED model--actually had a "Made in USA" legend on the back of the case.  Like many TI calculators of the same era, it developed problems with the keyboard (I seem to remember a fix being circulated that involved soaking the whole shebang in distilled water).  The small LED display wasn't multiplexed at a particularly high frequency, so it was annoying for me to read.  As soon as HP announced the 16C, I junked the fool thing.

Here's a question for the Voyager experts.  The aluminum bezel on my 16C is beginning to separate from the case at one corner.  Can the bezel be safely removed, cleaned and reglued without messing things up?

Cheers,
Chuck