CRT implosions

Bill Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:39:39 CDT 2005

That's how I scrapped out VT100 tubes at DEC and elsewhere.

That's kind of a controlled failure since the suction pretty much is
controlled by the small input at the back of the neck.

An uncontrolled failure could be different.  I've seen one old 1960
vintage tv blow up and the glass was retained by a plastic or glass
sheet across the black and white tube.

Never saw anything like a real accident, though.

Bill