8" floppy system needed to recover old game data

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Thu Oct 6 11:39:16 CDT 2005

Hi
 First thing is to try to determine format.
Many 8 inch disk were labeled as being SSSD,
DSDD, or similar. This will help as a starting
point. Also, looking to see if it has a single
index hole or multiple in the media needs to
be determined.
 If it is soft sectored SSSD, 128 bytes per sector
and FM format, I can read them relatively easily.
I live in Santa Cruz, Ca. That is about 50 miles
south of SF.
 If the disk have text files, figuring the file
formating will not be a big issue. As you note,
getting the sector images is the important part.
Sorting the sectors is relatively minor.
Dwight