OT for a sec: US wiring sources of info

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 10:02:29 CDT 2005

All,

On 10/7/05, Charles E. Fox <cfox1 at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> At 10:26 AM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>
> >One for the US members... any idea of a good usenet resource for
> >questions relating to US wiring / electrics? (I'm thinking an
> >equivalent to uk.d-i-y)

I am still trying to get my head around the UK wiring standards -
although optimising house wiring is, or very soon will be illegal in
the UK for all but licenced electricians.

>         In a modern grounded system, green goes to the grounding
> pin,  white is common or neutral and goes to the longest of the
> parallel slots, and black is hot, and goes to the short parallel slot.

What is the earthing arrangement?

Simon

"Well, an engineer is not concerned with the truth; that is left to
philosophers and theologians: the prime concern of an engineer is
the utility of the final product."
Lectures on the Electrical Properties of Materials, L.Solymar, D.Walsh