Looking for ancient FreeBSD

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Oct 12 15:37:15 CDT 2005

Hello fellow ClassicCmp'ers,

This is almost Classic - I'm looking for a place to download an old
version of FreeBSD, specifically the last release of the 2.2.x branch,
which I think was 2.2.8.  However, it seems to have totally vanished off
the net, including of course ftp.FreeBSD.ORG, apparently removed by the
dark forces of the evil reptilian conspiracy who want to force everyone
to run the modern crap.  Has anyone saved a copy of the FreeBSD 2.2.8
distribution or some nearby version?  TIA,

MS