Public Service Announcement: AVOID "bobsbid1" on eBay

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Thu Oct 13 19:11:11 CDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Teo Zenios wrote:

> I was looking at a stack of SCA HD's that person has currently on ebay,
> something about them bothered me and I didn't bid.

You chose wisely.

> Most places that offer DOA warranty do ask you to send the item back before
> you get a credit (and they don't pay for shipping or refund the original
> shipping). Places with a policy like that usually sell the item dirt cheap
> and charge a crazy shipping fee so even if you do want a refund you get very
> little back.

Overall I paid $28 and change, which included $9 shipping via UPS (there's
obviously more handling charges in that than shipping).  The price of the
P/S was $18.95.  This was pretty commensurate with all the other listings
(of which there are dozens for this model).  It was basically just pick
one and go with it, and my employee made an unfortunate choice.