Public Service Announcement

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Oct 13 22:14:39 CDT 2005

On 10/13/2005 at 10:53 PM William Donzelli wrote:

>There are plenty of extremely valid 2nd chance offers. In the surplus
>business, it is extremely common to buy a lot of one item, and if one of
>the auctions does extremely well, only a foolish seller would not try to
>take advantage of the deal. I use them all the time, and yes, they do work
>enough times that I keep using them.

I'm talking about high-priced "one of a kind" items here, not lots.  For
example, if this seller were to ask me about a second chance on this
instrument, I'd be very leery:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Civil-War-era-Eb-Allen-Hall-Rotary-Valve-Tuba_W0QQitemZ7
357151870QQcategoryZ16213QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(It's an antique tuba with an opening bid of $50K).

--Chuck