PCs that support only one floppy drive in hardware

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Oct 14 11:48:45 CDT 2005

On 10/14/2005 at 7:58 AM Allison wrote:

>No, the 55FV has a door latch solinoid as the head load when the door
latch
>is closed. The 55BF is same drive with light beige front, the latch lever
>is opposite side a different lever shape the led shape is round.

Thanks for the lesson!  My info on the AV and BV drives only notes a
head-load solenoid, not a door lock.  If the BF is only the reversed drive,
I probably could have discovered this myself if I had taken the time to
check my own stock--I beleive that I've got one somewhere.

However, according to my Teac product information, the bezel color is NOT
part of the part number before the "R"--that's in the part of whatever
follows the "R".

I also discovered that yes, indeed, Teac made 5.25" SCSI floppy drives and
was sourcing them as late as the mid 1990's.  I also have some information
regarding initialization strings on the Teac SCSI floppies.

Cheers,
Chuck